Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Zanussi Tumble Dryer TCE 7276W has stopped heating up ,

My Zanussi Tumble Dryer TCE 7276W has stopped heating up , there was a funny electrical smell coming from it last time it worked properly. It is 10years old, should I try to re pair it or get a new one?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
Is yours the electric or gas version?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Electric
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Julie,
this could be the heating element or the thermal thermostat.
if you are handy and have some basic hand tools I could walk you through this. The problem is likely the element, its less than $ 100.00 but there is a bit of work involved.
If you want you can also have a tech come in a do this for you, I would also replace the drive belt once the machine is open so you wont have any trouble as that is likely to go soon due to its age. I can supply the best place to get those parts if you want to make the repair.
Let me know Julie;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Julie.
Tech Michael