George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a gas hob that about 22 months old. its a DTG1195X.

I have a gas hob that about 22 months old. its a DTG1195X. There is one with an W and I cant tell the difference. the No. 1 large burner will light but will not stay lighting. This happened when it was new and the installer told me I wasn't holding the knob down in the correct position. It has alway been a bit awkward but is now refusing to stay lighting. Help please I have to cook a dinner for a large family this weekend. Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me; does the ring light, but when you let go of the knob the flame goes out?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes George. When I let the knob up the flame goes out.

Then i'm sorry to say Carole, that the issue is with the thermocouple that contols the safety of that ring...

The thermocouple looks like a spike sticking up into where the flame would be... Try rubbing it with a cleaning pad.. You may get it to work if it is just coated with grease or oil.

Alternatively, you will need get an engineer in to replace that thermocouple.. If you give me your postcode I will see if I have any engineers on my list for your area.

--------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance given today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We live in Dublin 18 Ireland. Thanks I will try cleaning the spike.

Hi George I cleaned the spike and in doing so it came up in my fingers. I put it in again and it didn't work. I pulled it up again and pushed it down and I heard it click and presto it is now working.

Thank you. Great work.

Carole

That is brilliant news... Bank Holiday is not lost then.. Here is an engineer for future reference...

Leinster Gas & Boiler Services,
Dublin
Phone :(###) ###-####/ 01(###) ###-####br/>Email :***@******.***

_______________________
Please remember to rate kindly