Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Siemens Eco-sense dishwasher has been showing the "salt"

Customer Question

My Siemens Eco-sense dishwasher has been showing the "salt" light even though it is full of salt. The light can go on and off during a cycle. This has not affected operations. But now the dishwasher is failing with an E25 code and a water failure light. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
These are indeed two seperate errors
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me, when the E25 error shows, is the machine fiull of water above the filters?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
HiThanks
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
this is a problem with the machine not draining n timeFirst, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.Take the hose off and check both the hose and the connection for a blockage. If ok, you'll need to check the pump for blockagesIf you need more help, please let me knowIn the meantime,Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more helpThanksRob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pump does not appear to be blocked since it will actually drain the system . External drain is clear. Could it be related to the salt light issue?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
NoThe salt light is just a bad reed switch and is not overly importantIf the machine stops full of water but then on other occassions it will empty, this would indicate a failing pump. This is not uncommon on these. Sometimes it works, sometimes it wont.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
I would still check the pump for a blockage, otherwise you will need to replace the pump.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Please dont forget to rate as this is the only wy I get credit for helping you today. You can still come back to me after ratingThanks.Rob