Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Leisure hja5100 range oven

Customer Question

digital clock isn't working reading online everything points to a toc ..but where is this located I can't find it anywhere

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you post the make and model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Leisure hja5100

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

Have you removed the back panel yet? As usually the thermal cut out is on the back of the main oven cavity. Look on there to the right hand side and its there. It usually has 2 white wires going to it. You need to test that and see if fault.

Sometimes the insulation on the back of the hides the themal cut out so makes it harder to see.

If you still cannot find in then post a picture of the back of the oven and i will try and mark it on there for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have ordered the part with the 2 wires a d have pulled the insulation out of the way and there is no sign of any thermostat ..how do I gain access to the clock as apparently you can bypass the clock

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
To access the timer you need to remove the complete hob top. But bypassing the timer wont cure this. As if theres no power going to the timer then bypassing it wont work. Can you post a picture of the back of the oven please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will on Wednesday it's my sisters cooker and like an idiot I said I could do.it ..big mistake ..how do I remove the hob so I can check everything else when I go back round

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Haha no worries that's fine. To remove the hob top you need to remove the screws at the back on the underside of the hob.Then remove all the burner caps and there either side of each burners are a few small screws, Remove these and then you should be able to remove the hob top from there. Once the screws are off tilt from the back and push forward and it should come off from there. Once you have that off check to see if the have power to the timer. If you don't then bypassing it wont do anything at all. If you do have 230v there then post a picture of the back of the timer with the wiring and I can tell you how to bypass it from there. Regards
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will be back Wednesday

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries speak then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still can't find the thermostat anywhere on this cooker

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok are you able to take a picture of the back ooven and post the picture on here please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The thermal overload cut out that I ordered should be connected directly to the digital clock but all I have is a white wire going from the temperature control to the clock ..This oven was in the house already when moved in ..could it be that this has happened before someone has bipassed the toc and now the temperature control switch has failed

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post pictures of the back of the oven please and of the white wire you see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I load pics on here
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Were you write in the box there should be a tool bar above it, There should be a paper clip. Click that and you can attach a pitcure on there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the themal fuse I,m looking for like a little fuse inside a clear plastic sleave ,,if so I have tested these as there is one on the back of the fan assisted oven and one on the main oven and both of them are ok ,,the part that I was told was the the part was a white thermostat which what everyone online were ordering and also I was told by the supplier was the right one ,,are there other cookers called hja5100 ,,i,m just guessing it's a leisure as when I put the model number in the net that's what came up
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

HJA5100 is a leisure built oven for howdens so they badge them up Lamona which is the model you have i think.

But they may use the same models on older machines. So from what you say about the fuse in the plastic sleave this is the older style they used at one point. So its possible you have the older version thermal cut out. Thats why the new thermal cut out comes with the long wire to replace it with the new link wire,

But if you say they are ok then it rules them out anyway.

But as for the model number you have listed it is showing as that thermostat. Do you have power getting to the back of the clock?

Have you checked with a multi meter to see if 230v is there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No never thought to do that ,,,,on the back of the clock there is a white wire going to the oven knob underneath that white wire on the clock there are 2 brown wires one of which goes back into the clock on the opposite side and above that is a white wire and a pink wire both going into the clock as well
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Use you meter on Volts setting and check them brown wires and see if any show 240v.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so if they do I,m assuming it's a fAulty clock and if not ???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Why has the question been closed ,,I haven't got the problem sorted I knew I shouldn't have paid until I did
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ You have two questions that were open referring to the same problem, one above that Daniel has been answering and the other that I have, if you are unhappy with the answer you can go back to customer care and ask for a refund. The money is only held by JustAnswer until you rate the expert ~ as you rated the question at the start rather waiting until you were happy with the answer the system took you money but you can continue on here with Daniel until you are happy with the answer. In the meantime I will just sit on the other one.