Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I find a Maintenance Manual Whirlpool S25C CBB31-A

How do I find a Maintenance Manual for a Whirlpool S25C CBB31-A fridge freezer?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Whirlpool don't really do repair manuals as such. There manuals are parts list and service manuals im afraid. What is the problem you are having with the appliance? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Trying to fault find a problem with freezer not defrosting the evaporator unit. All equipment in the freezer compartment seems OK, so suspect main controller but don't know where this is and how to define a replacement.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok for this kind of fault were its not defrosting its usually only the heater or the main control board. The heater is located inside the freezer and its wrapped around the evaporator. The 2 ends of the wires are at the top of this so check it with a multimeter for resistance. If the heater is fine then it will be the main control board at the back. To access this remove the metal cover on the back off the appliance and the control board is located on the far right hand side and its in a white plastic box. The part number for the main control board if you want it is 481244079126 If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that, will pursue although the thing is built-in, so a bit of effort required!

I assume that you are on overtime? Or is the weather as bad with you as it is here?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
The back will be on wheels so lever it up at the front and try and pull forwards to get it out. And yeap bad weather so thought I will stay in and watch the football soon haha