George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My below wm74155lw washing machine ,1 year old starts to

My below wm74155lw washing machine ,1 year old starts to fill on time saver then goes no further stays at 28mins on the display
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Andrew, my name is***** you tell me; does it pump out, and spin, if you choose the spin or drain programs?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No and no
If you cancel the program you are on by pressing and holding the Start button for 3 seconds, then select the spin program and press Start, does the pump operate then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No have tried
Then the pump is either jammed or faulty... You will need to turn the appliance off at the mains connection and unplug it, empty the machine of water, then check the filter of the pump housing to see if anything is jamming the impellor on the pump
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing jamming the impellor

When the machine halts, are there any flashing lights on the fascia?

Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fill with water on time saver 28 mins then remains silent and time goes down and stays at 27mins

Are there any lights, either flashing or still, lit on the control panel in the spin speed section?

Does the appliance tumble at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do we need to get an engineer?

Andrew, you didn't answer to my last question...

Can you tell me if there are any lights (either flashing or still) lit on the control panel in the spin speed section when the appliance sits at 27mins? if so, which ones

And does the drum rotate at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lights for temperature and spin speed stay lit. There are no flashing lights. The drum doesn't rotate
Ok Andrew, Since you have no motor action, but the door is locking and you are getting a water feed, it sounds like you have either a failing PCB or a failed Pressure switch.. I could go further if I were in font of the appliance.. but you are going to need an engineer to call to this appliance...

If you give me your postcode, I can give you details of an engineer local to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BD10 8PD
Thanks Andrew, below are two engineers we have listed for your area and type of product you have..

Please remember to rate the assistance given before leaving today, and feel free to return if you need further assistance with the problem.

Dill & Sons Ltd
Leeds
Phone: 0113(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

Appliance Services
Leeds
Phone: 0845(###) ###-####