Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Zanussi ZKC5030S1 Cooker and my husband has just fitted

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ZKC5030S1 Cooker and my husband has just fitted a new seal to the fan oven door. When the oven is not in use it is fine but once you switch it on and it gets hotter the door springs open and won't shut until the oven is cooler again.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the product code or pnc on thre rating label and I will have a look for you - thanks ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ZKC5030S1 cooker

Hi No that is the model number - I need the pnc or product code which is also on the label - Zanussi quite often build three or four versions of the same model number but the pnc/pc is always specific to your appliance - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already given you the product number

You have given me the Model Number not the Product Number which is different as explained.

Starts 948................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. ********* /p>

OK lets assume that the seal is fitted correctly (no disrespect meant) this is what is happening ~ when you close the door you trap inside the cooking cavity a quantity of air. When this air is heated the pressure of it increases and this causes the door to pop open. Now you have three options but first you have to check that the vent pipe at the back of the oven is not blocked or obstructed - check this first and then come back to me and I'll go through the others ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the moment I have something in the top oven so cannot pull it out. I will need to get back to you on this. Is that ok?

yes that is fine come back to me when the cooker is cool and we can continue - Ian