George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an AEG OKO-ARCTIS no-frost-freezing appliance. Fault

I have an AEG OKO-ARCTIS no-frost-freezing appliance.
Fault F7 comes up and the alarm sounds.This happens about once a week.
What does it mean.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you supply the product number please.. This will be on a data label somewhere on the appliance; normally on the rear.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OKO ARCTIS 3192-4GA

F8 on this appliance means that you have a fault in the heating system... ie. Defrost Heater..

You will need to replace the defrost heater

-------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assitance given today & if you need further assistance, please feel free to ask
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have F7 Fault NOT F8

My appologies, F7 means that you have a cooling system fault

Can you go to the rear of the freezer and tell me from the label again, what refrigerant the appliance is using?

Can you also tell me if the compressor is anything other than warm?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Compressor is warm.

It does not say what refrigerant is used

Can you check if the fan is rotating inside the freezer.. You should be able to hear it as soon as you open the door
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is
Have you tested the internal temperature of the freezer... both when the alarm is sounding, and when it is not sounding?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Temperature remains inside and outside as set at 10 degrees
Ok, we are finally getting somewhere... The temperature inside should be -18 or lower..

The alarm will be sounding to let you know that the temperature of the freezer is getting to an unhealthy level for keeping frozen food

Try lowering the temperature to -18 which is about standard for all freezers.

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance given today & feel free to ask for further advice using the same link once rated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This machine can be set as a fridge or freezer.It is currently set as a fridge to store wine.Hence the temp at 10 degrees
According to the manufacturers information I have in-front of me it is listed as a 6 drawer freezer only.. Is that what you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's a 6ft high single door AEG unit that can be set as a fridge or a freezer
When did you purchase the appliance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
UK
UK?

When not where
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1995
Does the temperature flash when the alarm sounds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Your Model is ARC3192-4 GA and the PNC/Product code is 92834100500

You may wish to keep that information as you will need it every time you need a replacement part for the appliance.

Here is the problem with your Fridge/Freezer.. Please excuse the language as it is a translation of German

Relative to your Fault:

To facilitate diagnosis the cause of the warning function is requested via a fault code. If an error occurs, the corresponding Key alternately with the actual temperature in the accompanying temperature display (Blinking at 0.5 Hz). An exception is the failure
the air temperature sensor.
In this case, only the fault code is displayed.
F2 - temperature selector switch defective
F3 - air sensor faulty
F5 - Evaporator sensor defective
F7 - cooling system faulty
F8 - Heating system faulty
If several errors occur simultaneously, then the error with the highest
Priority
(F7 highest priority, followed by F8, F3, F5, F2) display.

c) failure of the refrigeration circuit
A malfunction of the refrigeration circuit is detected by the temperature difference between the evaporator and air probes. If the evaporator temperature 20 minutes after turning on the compressor at least 2.5 ° C colder than the Air temperature sensor, the test is considered to be in order and finished. If this requirement is not met, the warning function enabled. Is In compressor runtimes <20 min testing for interference rated tion of the refrigeration circuit after switching off the compressor as a positive. This test is performed each time the compressor. An automatic resetting of the warning at the next positive test.