Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Indesit washing machine-model IWSC 51051 ECO (UK)

I have an Indesit washing machine-model IWSC 51051 ECO (UK) which is just over a year old.On using it yesterday,near the end of the programme all the lights at the top of the control panel started flashing.I turned off the electricity supply as advised in the manual and waited for 1-2 minutes before switching back on.The machine re-started and at the end of the cycle all lights were off including the door warning light. However,on opening the door,there was still water in the machine and the clothes had not spun.I closed the door to prevent any water escaping. I would appreciate your observations. Many thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ first thing I would do it get the kick strip off the front of the machine and check the drain pump filter, you will need to have a baking tray and towels to catch the water and may have to do it a bit at a time ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how the plug is removed? I have turned it about a quarter anti-clockwise but I cannot move it any further.Or,do I have to pull it?

OK from what you have told me you have got something jammed in the pump. How handy are you with both tools and are you happy about taking it out of its housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am capable on mechanical items and would like to give it a try.

Can you fill me in on the right procedure that I need to take.

Many thanks,

Geoff.

OK get the appliance out of its compartment and then gently tip it back to 45 degrees or lay it on its back if you have long enough pipes/cables. Make sure the water and electric are OFF. Once you have it on its tilt/back you will be able to see where the drain pump is fitted to the back of the filter housing with pipes coming from the sump of the wash tub to the pump and they onwards from the pump to the drain pipe. Once you have got this far ping me and we can take it to the next stage ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.I shall be looking at it tomorrow.

If I get any problems, can I phone you or e-mail you?

If all goes well, I would like to contact you and let you know the result.

Thanks,Geoff.

OK Geoff you can call me on ##07748 928831 if you have a problem, if you would now kindly rate my service I can shut the job down on the system which still allows you to ask further questions on an foc basis. Thanks for the question have a good Sunday ~~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.