Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Siemens fridge freezer with water dispenser. The

We have a Siemens fridge freezer with water dispenser. The water dispenser is leaking from a connection at the bottom corner, we have the new part but need to get the inside of the freezer door off to access it. Please can you advise us how to do this please. Thank you.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly give me the full ENr which is on the rating plate. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

ENr is as follows - KA58NA40GB/02

OK thanks can you confirm that the problem leak is at the dispenser or at the bottom of the door when the pipe passes through the door hinge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It at the bottom of the door where the pipe passes through the door hinge. At floor level the pipe have been severed in half.

OK can you tell me what they have sent you parts wise - I can look them up if you send me the part number or a photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have purchased a basic 1/4 inch "john guest" speed fitting elbow joint, just to rejoin the severed pipe but we cant pull enough pipe down to join it together and because we cant get the door apart we can't get to the pipe at all to join it. We need to know how to get the door apart we think.

We have to go out now but will be back home in 2 hours.

OK this is your problem, the door does not come to bits its is a foamed in one piece part so you have to find a way of fixing it or replacing the door as a complete assembly. How much plastic tube have you got to play with coming out of the bottom of the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only about 10mm

OK this is what we do here when we have this situation, get a piece of copper pipe and bend it through 90 degrees cut the copper pipe so that you have enough to slide up inside your broken water pipe where it comes out of the bottom of the door by about 15mm. Now take a steamer (wallpaper stripper on similar with the wallplate taken off) and gently heat the plastic pipe coming out of the door and slide the copper pipe inside the plastic stub. Once this is done sort out the bottom hinge so that the copper goes through it and do the same or connect using you pushfit connector. Basically you are using the plastics ability to shrink around the copper to make a water tight seal whilst making this a permanent fix ~ in effect its a bodge of a repair but it works and its much cheaper than a new door which is your only other option ~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.