Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

My ember glow classic remote control is emitting a constant

My ember glow classic remote control is emitting a constant beeping whilst trying to light, I have reset and replaced the batteries, but as soon as I try to light the beeping starts again.
What do I need to d to fix.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Hi , have you changed the battery in the fire itself? Bottom r/h/s of fire. Unscrew cap and replace the battery

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a pack of six batteris under the fire, I have changed these but it still just beep

Hi , does it make any noise like a clicking or sparking at all ? And does it have a manual way of lighting?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I reconnect the battery pack it make sounds like it is going to start but then stops, I then press the ignite on the remote and the beeping starts

Hi ,either the thermocouple has failed or gas isn't reaching the burner , indicating a failed gas valve. Replace the thermocouple first as relatively inexpensive part