Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The ice machine in my Beko GNE V320 has stopped work

Customer Question

Hello the ice machine in my Beko GNE V320 has stopped working
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi If you remove the ice button from inside the freezer and feel inside the ice moulding tray is there any ice in there?Also look under the ice moulding tray and you will see the sensor. Have a look at that and can you see the wire and has it snapped? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel,
No ice in it, and couldn't see any damage to the wire.
I filled the tray manually and it made some ice and dropped it into the bucket.
The humidity light is on on the front display panel of the fridge, but apart from that everything looks fine.
Toby
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok look at the top of the freezer in the back right corner just above the ice maker tray. There you will see a rubber bung going over the ice tray.Remove this and there you will see the water tube. Check this isn't all iced up stopping the water from flowing into the ice maker tray. Check that and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel,
The pipe was iced and I cleared it, but the ice maker still isn't working. One of the wires to the unit above the ice tray looks a bit loose, would that be it?
Toby
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

The wires for the ice tray all go in the top back right corner of the roof inside the freezer. So remove that cover and you will see all the plugs in there.

Also just check the ice maker motor switch is turned on. There should be a small switch on it so check thats turned on.

As if it is and the pipe is now clear then it should start to make the ice. It may take a few hours as it has to cycle through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Daniel,

So you mean I have to unscrew the small plastic box in the top back right hand corner and check the connections there? That is where the loose looking wire goes into.

Re: the switch - where will I find that?

Cheers,

Toby

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Yes remove the screw at the front of the plastic cover thats screwed to the remove and then you can remove it to access all the wiring plugs there and if its loose you can reconnect them from there.

As to the ice maker switch look at the ice maker tray and to the right of that is the motor unit for it. There should be a rocker switch on there. Check thats switched to the on position. If you havent touched it then that shoudnt be the issue as it should already be in the on position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel,
It feels like we are nearly there.
I will have a look at that box in the next few days. Can you tell me what the rocker switch looks like?
I can't find it.
Toby
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you cannot see the rocker switch then your model doesnt have it. As they do 2 types the early one had the switch on it.

As if it was there you would have seen it as you cannot miss it.

Just check that box and check the wires from there as if you say theres a loose connection its more then likely that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, I will let you know how I get on.
Toby
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Daniel,

I checked the box, no loose wires.

To summarise:

- the tray is not filling with water, but it is still twisting over as if to deposit ice in the bucket every few hours/couple of times a day.

- No loose wires in the box

- I have cleaned ice out of the feeder tube a couple of times now. The first time it was completely blocked, the latest time it just had a bit of ice, as if it was trickling in. I had a cursory look at the water feed that comes into the fridge - it is warm, which I guess is to prevent ice-ing up. I couldn't detect any blockage further up the tube.

- my fridge water filter hasn't been replaced in 2 years - should I do this, would it affect the ice maker water supply? I didn't think so because the water is still coming out of my fridge when I press the lever.

Any further advice much appreciated!

Toby

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

The water supply for the ice maker doesnt go through the filter as that comes strights up from the inlet valve so it wont be a filter issue.

Pull the appliance out and look at the back and you will see the water line running up the back to the top. This is that water chut thats icing up.

Remove that hose from there and you will see 2 screws holding the bracket on. Remove these then you can pull the tube out from there.

Then you can check that isnt iced up at the very back and going down that hose.

Try that and let me know what happens.