George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint Aquarius Out of sinc. Wash cycle but no final spin.

Hotpoint Aquarius Out of sinc. Wash cycle but no final spin. Please advise.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
hHello, my name is***** have the full model number please and a full description of the the fault

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George. My daughter altered the setting on my aquarius washing machine whilst it was in mid wash. The result was it is out of sync. and will not finish on fast spin. I have put the machine off, opened the front,

taken the clothes and water out. Once that done I tried to put it on a wash cycle but again the final spin failed to operate. At present the drum is full of water but no clothes.

Unfortunately I don't have the model number but it is a Hotpoint Aquarius

6kg Powerstream wash system. Hope this helps. John

Hi John, the model number will be on the inside of the door or on the rear of the appliance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have emptied the drum and the number on the inside of the door is:

WMA58P ********* br/>

Hope this helps John

Hi John,

Have you got the washer out of its housing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES I pulled it out on to kitchen floor.

Ok, if you lower the drain hose towards a bowl on the floor, does the water come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I find it difficult to disconnect the drain hose but I have emptied the drum . Will I have to disconnect the metal plate where the drain hose

enters the appliance?

No, you need to disconnect it from the end of the drain hose under the sink..

Let me know when you have done that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello ***** hose disconnected. No water.

Ok.. is there a little water in the drum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO, I have drained as much water as I can from the drum.

The appliance has been working perfectly until the programme

was switched during a wash cycle.

Ok, put a little water in the drum... even half a jug will do... Then lower the hose towards a bowl on the ground and let me know if the water comes out of the hose or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES Water is coming thro the hose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES Water is coming thr the hose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES Water is coming out of the hose.

Ok, then going from the fact that you had to bail water out of the drum, yet water is flowing normally otherwise,you have a problem with the pump...

On this model, the pump is at the rear of the appliance... Remove the lower backplate... The pump is there infront of you to the right... You'll need to disconnect the two hoses (sump hose and drain hose) and the electrical connection plug.

Mark the pump so that you know exactly how it fits back together and take the white front off the pump.. Check to see if there is anything stopping the impellor going round.. If there is, remove it and refit the pump to test it... If there is not, then the pump will need replacing.

---------------------

Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you today.. Once rated I will assist you further as far as possible

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair