Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Miele 2210 cooker extractor fan. It is however stuck

I have a Miele 2210 cooker extractor fan. It is however stuck on intensive speed and while the joystick does change the power level indicators, the extractor just stays at the same high speed. Any suggestions welcome and thanks.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Would you kindly recheck the model number of the extractor fan, the 2210 is listed on the Miele site as a Vacuum Cleaner.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's definitely a Miele DA2210 extractor hood (sorry the "DA" bit was missing 1st time round).

OK thats got it, looking at the illustrated diagram the hood is fairly simple with only three parts, the fan motor, the power board which controls the relays and electrical switching and finally the keyboard at the front with the button switching. From what you have told me it is either the power board or the button switching assembly that is at fault as these are the items that supply the correct voltages to the three coils that control the speed of the fan. Are you able to use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a multi-meter, but its only a simple DIY version from Maplins.

Let me know what I need to do, however there is one snag and that's I am on holiday at the moment and the hood is 200 miles away (I thought I would try and get an idea what the problem is while I have the time and not doing much else). If you have some ideas there will therefore be a delay in moving this problem along.

OK I will try and get a wiring diagram from Miele but they are always hard to get hold of as they try to keep the information in house. The largest supplier of Miele spares in the UK only lists the main board and that was over £150 which would seem to suggest that that is the likely culprit ~ I'll come back to you with further information as I get it ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Any joy with the wiring diagram? Frankly if you think its the main board I might well take punt and just get one - it will cost me £120 just to get a Mile engineer called out and I have a reasonable electric / DIY knowledge and hence I should be able I reckon to just switch the board over. Where did you get your price please?

OK there are three different versions of this hood, could you get me the Mat number off the rating plate and then I can get the correct details ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Sorry for the delay - I have been all over the place recently.

Mat Number is : 07560100

OK got it, will come back to you soonest ~ Ian
Can you give me the Mach No now please, there are a further five versions ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Only thing I can find on it that's left is the Fabr No: 56/095839577.

Is that any help.

That might do, leave it with me I have a friend who works for Miele on the case ~ soon as I get the info I will forward it to you ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

I bet you wish you had never started with me but are you any nearer getting me a steer on the problem please?

Have just reminded them I need a wiring diagram so should have a reply by tomorrow ~ Ian
I have the required wiring diagram as requested, if you can let me have Your email replacing the @ with (at) I will send it across ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Thanks for your message.

pluguglycatfishatgooglemail.com

You have mail ~ would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are on a free of charge basis. Kind regards ~ Ian