KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Dear ***** I have a Miele prestige plus6 washing machine.

Dear *****
I have a Miele prestige plus6 washing machine. Notr sure how old it is, I would guess about 8 years old, I bought it new. Recently We have been getting a red light that says too much detergent, together with poor drainage on spin. the clothes still seem soapy. I have checked and cleaned the drainage, the soap dispenser, and run boil washes without any soap. It doesn't seem to make any difference. Can you help?
Peter
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Peter, welcome to Just answer... please tell me its complete model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HW07-1

M-nr 07223330

Nr 41/86386640

OK, I hope you are using recommended detergent with your washer...if yes, then you can clean the washer..to do this run the washer empty at its hottest setting with around 2 ounces of white vinegar...make sure it is empty and you run it at its hottest setting...doing this will clean the washer...after this is done leave it unplugged and try to clean drain pump assembly...drain hose and also lay it on its back to clean the drain filter assembly...then plug it back and simultaneously press and hold the START button for few seconds...this will reset the control, let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only just got this message as it went to my spam box. I'll try and report back. Will take an hour or so I guess. First though, does the vinegar go into the drum direct, or do I put it where the detergent goes?

It does not matter however, its better and recommended that you put in where the detergent goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK , will do

Sure, let me know how it goes ... Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I have done all you said, now give me a day or so so that we can run a couple of wash cycles.

Peter

Alright Peter...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you ..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin

Don't worry, I will rate you shortly. We did a wash yesterday and that was fine, doing another one today and I should be able to rate you after that, probably later today.

Peter