Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Miele novotronic premier 520 washing machine.How do I fit a

Customer Question

miele novotronic premier 520 washing machine.How do I fit a new door seal.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi How far have you got on this? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just answer the first question please

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Theres no need to be rude, I was just seeing how far you got so I didn't repeat myself.As you don't want to tell me I will opt out now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was not being rude. The question seemed straight forward to me. All I want is for you to tell me how to fit a new door seal. Would appreciate an expert reply.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi No worries then. From the looks of the reply you sent back it looked like you wasn't happy with me asking how far you got with it. As I don't now how far you have got on this so I will start from the beginning on this. Remove the soap drawer and remove the screws around the control frame. These are usually torx screws (star shapped)Then open the door and remove the three 11mm bolts from around the seal.Then open the plastic square door in the bottom left corner and unclip the black hose from there.Now you need to swing the front panel outwards from the left hand side and it will open like a door. Once that's open you can access the door seal from there and unlip the front seal from the frame and fold it back into itself and then you can access the clamp around the seal were its attached to the drum and undo it from there. Once that's off you can then fit the new seal in place and refit the clamp and then refit the front panel from there. Try that and see how you get on. If you get stuck just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having removed the soap tray there was one screw evident to the left hand side of the combined control panel, which we removed..

We then removed the screws around the door area.

we cannot find any way to move the control face which seems to be fixed.

You indicated the front panel would open like a door from the left hand side . Has the control panel to be removed before the front will open because we cannot work out how the panel is fastened in.

There does NOT appear to be an accessible black hose through the small door. Help!

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
The control panel stays in place as that's part of the door. You may need to remove the top of the washer a that may give more room for the front panel to swing out. As for that black hose behind that small door just use a small screwdriver to prise it off as its only clipped on. With all that off it should swing open from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Daniel,. The job is now finished but I would advise the front panel was not hinged as you suggested.The solution was to remove the lower plinth panel below the main front panel.There were 4 screws revealed-two each side. Once removed , we could lower the front panel downwards from the locating pins at the top of the panel. There was no need to remove the black pipe as this was attached to the pump.The control panel remained in-situ throughout.Could it be that where you are situated Miele use a different configuration for the 520 Premier model? Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know. As for fitting it that way nearly all the 5 series Miele washers have the front panel swinging out. Its the 6 series were they changed it to the style you describe. So Im guessing this is one of the very last 5 series washer they made and changed it early to the front panel you have now. But glad to hear its sorted now. Regards