Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Good afternoon,I hope you are well.I have a Belling

Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have a Belling 636 GR electric cooker. The main oven outer glass is broken. Could you recommend which other model could suit?Inside the main Oven the serial number is ***** I was told by Belling that I should replace all cooker, because they dont do the parts for this model anymore.  Kind regards ***** ***** ***********

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you see a model number if you open the door there should be a sticker there with the details on it. It may start 4444. But you need to prefix the numbers with an A otherwise it will get crossed out. Eg A444112345 Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

We have checked everywere, the model itself for Belling is 636 GR.The only place I could find a serial number was in the main oven. Please see a picture attached.

Main oven inside

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am now at work. I could measure when I am back home if it helps. I found a picture online, but the only part about the model i can find is this. I send to you before.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks for that ive got it now. Im afraid as you have found out the glass is now obsolete. These cookers were actually made by Hotpoint or Belling. I have just checked there service system and there version of this model is also obsolete as well. The spares site I use when you click on a part it gives an alternative part if available. But for this door glass it doesn't so im afraid you will struggle to find a replacement door as they are all different sizes so unless you have loads of doors in front of you to match up you will struggle to find it. Once Hotpoint stopped making spares for these im afraid Belling have no choice to stop as well as its actually hotpoint that make these. Were as the New Belling ovens are made by a company called Stoves so none of theres will fit as theres are totally different. Sorry to say you wont find this glass anymore. That's the thing when they go obsolete no one will have it as when you ordeded from a spares shop they got it direct from Hotpoint so once they stopped no one can get these parts now, Sorry its not the answer you wanted but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to check maybe it is possible to get whole door? Cause If i needed the inner glass, I could still get it. I do understand that they are not making anymore.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Im afraid manufactories don't make complete doors. They all come in bits which includes your model. So even if the parts were still available you wont find a complete door as it will come in all bits including all the screws. They don't like to make our job easy, Sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Maybe you can tell me the product ID, I will try to look for used doors online. And which other manufactors suits my cooker.

Agne

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For instance what I can find for used doors, which are opening to left or to right.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belling-444445411-Cooker-Main-Oven-Glass-Door-Right-/201331738969

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
The only manufactors that will have the same door is Hotpoint or Creda as they are part of the same brand. As to the part number ive got a few. They are for the different colour versions of the door glass. So the white door glass is BELBA6603290The brown door glass is STV082606069 and the green version which you have is BELBA6603288 All the above door glasses are the same but just different colours. So that's the part number for them all so see if you can find a second one on the likes of Ebay. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

thank you for information.

Could you be so kind and provide me with equivalents from the other providers. (product ID's). Furthermore, could you let me know the code for the door for the exact brand. (not only the glass).

Thank you for your help.

Agne

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
As I said before they don't make a complete door so there isn't a part number for it. The Hotpoint version doesn't list the part number anymore as its been taken off the system now im afraid so that part will be hard to give you.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.