Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a DeLonghi oven Mod No: DSC90DF. We replaced the left

Customer Question

We have a DeLonghi oven Mod No: DSC90DF. We replaced the left hand hinge but we now realise that it is actually the hinge housing which has broken. We have the spare part, but no idea how to install this. Please can you offer any advice?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ the item you require is called a door hinge bracket and is located behind the oven cavity panel. To access it you will have to take both side panels off ~ once removed you can change them over for new brackets.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

So you mean that I have to pull the oven out from between the cupboards and I can then take off the side panels? Sorry to sound dense, but just double checking.

Yes that's what you have to do, you will have screws at both back and front, if you have a buddie sometimes you can just gently remove the rear screws and fold it back far enough to grasp the hinge plate whilst you change it over. More fiddly than difficult - Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I may not be able to do this until the weekend Ian, but I will report back then.

OK no worries - speak to you later ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

Really sorry, but not had a moment to pull the oven out and try to replace the hinge housing. Hoping to have a go at this tomorrow and then I'll report back.

Becks

OK i'll be around if you get stuck ~ Ian