Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch avantixx same problem as resolved question. Drying

hi bosch avantixx same problem as resolved question. Drying cycle stops after 5 minutes, door can be opened soon after
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also we don't see the question you have been looking it as you have started a new question. So whats the washer doing wrong? Is it just the dryer that's stopping?When it does do you get any flashing lights?Also when it stops and you open the door do you feel any heat in there? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The machine is an Advavntixx Washer Dryer bought about 2 years ago from ***** *****. The program runs for about 5 minutes then stops with no fault codes or any other indications. The door can be opened. No heat can be felt inside the the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

Yes only the drier stopping without any flashing lights or fault codes. The program stops after 5 minutes and the door will open

Tony

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok what you can check first is pull the washer out and remove the top.

From there you will see the dryer chamber on the top.

Have a look on there and see if you can see a small thermostat. Have a look at this and see if theres a red button on there. If so then push it in and see if it clicks. If so then retry the dryer and see how it goes from there.

As if the thermostat has tripped out this can cause the problem you have as it knows its not getting hot so counts out like its doing.

So check that and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

thanks for replying. I have removed the lid and located a very small browney red button on top of a black unit. I tried to push it down but it seems to be as far down as it will go after applying a fairly large force.

I tried again but the it still stops after four minutes. The unit on top seemed quite warm , the inside of the drum was still cold. The door could be opened as soon as 1:56 was reached on the timer.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if you couldn't press it down then its not tripped out. Plus you say its warm on top so the heater is getting hot. Keep the top off and very carefully test it on the dryer cycle and the fan motor should kick in. Do you hear the fan motor on top of the dryer chamber kick in and run? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

My hearing is not to good so I borrowed my wife's ears. The drum motor is audible and the the drain pump seems to run. The motor on top connected to the plastic trunking is not audible and I there is no appearance of any rotation.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if thats not running then that could be whats casuing the fault.

You need a multi meter to be able to test the resistance of the fan motor and if faulty then you need to replace it and see how it goes from there.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

yes I have a multimeter but I think i'll call in someone to fix it I don't have space in the kitchen . But thank you for you help at least i know what is wrong.

Bye for now

Tony XXXXXX