Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My 9 in 1 steam mop keeps tripping the main electric board

Customer Question

my 9 in 1 steam mop keeps tripping the main electric board.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ what is the model number of the steam mop please? Secondly, how old is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, the model number is ***** and I guess about 15 months old

OK just so we dont waste too much time here, if you registered the warranty with MR you should be covered for 2 years ie (24 months) If so let me know and I will sort out a refund for you ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, sorry but I cant remember, sadly probably not !!

OK well generally speaking when you have this situation it will either be the steam generator or a leak this is causing a leak. Do you have any electrical multimeters there that you can use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry no

OK I can give you some pointers but it will mean that you will have to take the appliance apart - are you happy to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll have a go !!

OK get some blankets or towels and put them on a table ~ remove water tank and then turn machine over and remove back cover. Take note of how it comes apart ~ it would be handy to have another set of hands to hold bits if you can?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive undone all the screws but the back cover will not come off. Update, I have now got the back off

OK give me a moment I have the same one in our workshop, will just take it apart and come back to you ~~
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

OK just realized where my error is, is yours the model with the steam generator being part of the tank assembly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES

OK good ~ sorry thought it was the other type, in this case all the bits that can cause the electric to trip are held within the tank assembly. You have a black top and a black bottom held in place by two screws each Yes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes a white top and black bottom. I have the back off the tank assembly, lots of wires !! There is a metal casing towards the bottom of the assembly that looks a little "furry" around the central screw. Any help?

Golly you are in front of me now, the metal thing at the bottom is the steam generator/boiler assembly - disconnect the two wires that connect into the heater element on the top and then come back to me, you can put the handle back together too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've put the handle back together. How do I disconnect the wires, do I just pull them?( are these wires brown and a greyish colour?)

You should see two stubbs coming out of the boiler with spade push on connector connected to brown cables, just pull them off the boiler. OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thre must be a knack to it 'cos I cant budge them, any ideas

OK give me your telephone number preceded by a # ***** #077 etc and I will call you back talking you through the next stage ~ Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only have a house phone 01884 840758

Be with you in a second.
Many thanks Angela for the kind rating, see you next time and thanks for using Just Answer ~ Regards ***** *****