Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just fitted my Baumatic 5 burner hob BHG 72555 To a

Customer Question

I have just fitted my Baumatic 5 burner hob BHG 72555 To a new worktop but the ignition system is continuous. Can you say what the problem may be please?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Does this hob have a button that you press to initiate the spark, or does it spark as you turn each gas control valve?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob, You press and turn each button. The initial press initiates the spark which occurs on each burner (6 in all including the wok burners).

I must comment that one of the knobs does not seem to fully return upwards.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am I required to pay a further £27 ?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
aboutHi

NO, you only pay once !!

OK
There is a switch in each gas tap. As you turn the knob, this actuates the switch which turns on the spark
The one that does not return correctly is almost certainly the one that is keepint the switch activated.
You will need to dismantle the hob to gain access to the knob and the switch to see which is causing the issue.
You may find that some lubricant on the knob itself may cure this

If you need more help, pleae just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob