Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My dishwasher was not draining all the water out. We cleaned

Customer Question

My dishwasher was not draining all the water out. We cleaned out the filter etc Put some scaling soluting in and rinsed. Then using a cleaning tablet and put it on a 70 degrees cycle. It appeared to do the trick. Put the following day (we did not use the dishwasher), when I looked water had appeared and it is dirty water. Two days later I have looked again and the bottom of the dishwasher is covered in dirty smelly water. Its as if the water is coming back up the pipe. We have an insurance with homeserve for pipes, but I am not sure if this is a dishwasher problem or a pipe problem?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK this is going to take a few goes whilst we establish where the problem is. Firstly select any program and tell me does it drain the water out before its starts filling, if it starts filling switch the appliance off or cancel the program.

Secondly can you tell me how the appliance is connected to the drain pipe, does it hook into the drain or is it connected under the sink into a spigot?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it drained the water out. I have switched off the programme, but my dish washer will want to continue with this programme once I switch it on again. ie. It seems to have to finish once started

OK can you confirm how the drain hose is connected to the drain please? See above question - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its connected to a spigot under the sink

OK from what you have told me the following is happening, when you pull the plug on the sink, water is back feeding down the drain hose and in to the dishwasher hence the smelly water. You need to follow the drain hose from where it fits under the sink at the spigot and loop it upwards so that at the apex of the loop the height of the loop is above the level of the water in the sink. Do you understand my instructions? If not give me your phone number preceded by a # ***** #1234 etc and I will call and explain ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We think we understand your instructions but the spigot fits by a plumbers screw fitting under the U bend. My partner is going to take off the U bend where the spigot off the dishwasher fits into to see if there is any debris to see if this is stopping the drainage of water. my mobile is *********** /p>

OK before you do anything STOP ~ send me you phone number again preceded by a # ***** you send it just as a mobile it is blanked out by the system so #1234 etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The u bend is not blocked my number is #07894044006

OK hopefully you can check the two items that I have told you about, if you have further questions come back to me. When you are happy that the appliance is working correctly kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below. Many thanks for using JA - Have a great day ~ Ian