Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Gazco Clarendon stove I have fitted new fan old was noisy went

Gazco Clarendon stove I have fitted new fan old was noisy went to run found PCI blown fitted new ran for 6 sec twice then blue tested a.p s working ok ?????
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

I understand you are needing an answer to this problem, but your description of the fault is not clear... To explain, please describe the complete issue in long-hand, and in detail. For example: please do not use 'fitted new' in place of 'I fitted a new fuse'

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fire is a stoves Clarendon power flue I change fan it was noisy fire was ok customer rang fire stopped working checked fan/ pressure switch all ok found pcb had blown it's not fuse protected fitted new pcb fan ran twice for 5/6 sec then blue again ?? Fix pcb with flying leads only blown tracks on pcb but do not want fault to happen again pcb cost £ 210 I set every thing up to manus info I am a gas safe eng can you think what's wrong ??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi different expert here.
This could be a bad (new) motor. I have seen this more times than I care lol.
If the windings have a short it will draw excess current and can cause this problem.
Also I would check for any possible loose connections that may be hitting ground in the circuit.
And make sure the power leads going to the unit are connected, and clean so they provide a solid connection to avoid possible excess current draw;-)
Once you have checked all the connections, the next step is to compare the current draw on the old motor to the new one. If the draw is considerably higher that would confirm my suspicions about the new motor as the fault.
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.