Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I was changing the left hand bulb in the oven and the glass

Customer Question

I was changing the left hand bulb in the oven and the glass seperated from the screw causing a short. The Circuit breaker and RCD kicked out but on re-establishing them, the clock works but not the other light or oven. Is there another fuse?
John
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ ok have you removed the metal remains of the old bulb?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes all clear

OK can you let me have the manufacturer and model number of the appliance and I'll have a look on the diagrams - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Neff B 1564 GB

OK could you recheck the ENr the one you have given is not listed ~ should be something like # ***** #

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK B 1564 NO GB 03

OK I can see no fuses listed in the circuit but you may have blown the lamp circuit in on the of the pcbs, the only way to find out is to take the oven apart and check if you have power at the rear of the lamp holder that you had the bulb blow in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Will this affect the Oven and Fan, which are not working too

John

Ahh sorry I thought you said the clock was working correctly, have you set up the clock so that it is showing the correct time and is on manual??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

You are sure that it is set to manual, if it is not then the oven, fan and likely lamps will not work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's not in any other mode. the timers for on and off both read 0:00

No light no fan or activity in any of the different oven facilities

John

OK you have not set the clock up if it is flashing 00:00 you need to set up the correct time and you should have a (hand) showing in the display ~ do you have this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Ian, the clock is setup and is showing the correct time. The Auto on/off are showing 0:00 on both

John

OK well you will have to strip the oven down so that you have access to the lamp connections, and the cables that feed power to the lamp housings, fan and heater elements. You may have actually damaged the relays on the timer but without a meter to follow the electric around the circuit it will be difficult, do you have anyone that can use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I can

OK Im just disappearing for about half an hour to pick my daughter up, in the meantime can you take the oven out and get the timer cover and back off ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, I'm in the same boat, and have an appointment later this evening. Is it possible to pick this up tomorrow?

John

Yes that fine John, I should be around after 12 noon just ping me when you're good to go ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian

John

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

I didn't have the time I thought I had, and without spares and a circuit diagram I could see disaster ahead. Thanks for your help, but I deceided to call in a Neff appliance specialist.

Kind Regards

John

OK John ~ thats fine and sometimes the best way forward ~ have a great week.