Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Mc Culloch mower, M53-625 cmdw. Mower will not start and seems

Mc Culloch mower, M53-625 cmdw. Mower will not start and seems to flood. There is a spark and the float seems intact.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your mower?
Also how long has it been since it ran ok last?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My mower is four years old. It last ran six days ago - and ran well. when I took it out from it's shed and tried to start it nothing happened. I have taken apart the float chamber and there seemed nothing wrong with it. The plug did show a spark. petrol did drain onto the floor while it was standing - after I had tried to start the machine and the plug showed signs of the engine being flooded. There is nothing else that I can think of that would be of any use to you.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Brian, thank you for the great description of the problem.
This is a stuck needle valve issue. it sits above the float in the float assembly. it may have come free from the clip that holds it to the float that will cause the gas to simply flow directly into the cylinder excessively.
This can be repaired with a carb rebuild kit available from most local mower repair shops or directly from McCulloch. If you have some basic hand tools its super easy to fix, i will assist you if you need.
Otherwise you would need to have that done by a mower repair shop.
The kit isn't very expensive and well worth the cost because that is a great mower, I am surprised it lasted six years until this happened lol;-)
You could open the float tank and play with it and get it running possibly but it wont last that way;-(
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend Brian.
Please rate kindly at this time before closing this page, then you can contact me anytime for additional help no further cost;-)
Tech Michael