Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hiiiii I put liquid dishwasher soap in my small integrated

Customer Question

Hiiiii
I put liquid dishwasher soap in my small integrated Bosch dishwasher. It started foaming so opened it and tried to stop the machine but it wouldn't. I used towels to dry it and the only way it shuts down is from the main. How to fix it?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear about that.
Yes you should never use dish soap in a dishwasher.
May I have the full model # ***** your Bosch dishwasher?
Also the age?
And can you open the front door normally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael! I can open the door. E-Nr. SPV40C00GB/08
I bought it 2.5 years ago
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Violet,
When you turn on your dishwasher from the main, are there any blinking lights on it?
Also can you select cancel or off or any other cycle and is there any effect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michal
The tap light blinks. The star light is on. I cannot change the program or end it. I tried pressing reset for 3 seconds but nothing happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael are you there?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Violet yes I am here,
What you will need to do is turn the power off at the main,then rinse out the machine with some hot tap water and especially the bottom floor inside the unit.
The soak up as much of the water as you can inside. Make sure the units inside is clear of any soap or suds then leave the power off for 24 hours at the main.
This should release resolve the problem for you.
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend Violet.
Please rate my service kindly at this time before closing this page, then you can contact me anytime in case there is a further issue.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Michael. I will try just that. One more question: is there any chance this could lead to a leak. My neighbour downstairs is very difficult.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
lol, Hi Violet, just don't use excessive water where it will leak over the edges of the floor inside the dishwasher and you should be fine;-)
But let me know if this clears the problem in 24 hrs as the problem is likely a stuck float is all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Last question for today (promise!): can I use the washing machine next to it, or will it effect it? ūüė≥
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Violet, you should have no problem using the washer if it is hooked up properly if for some reason the cause of your problem is a clogged line in the drain pipe leading out. I would use caution the first time you run the washer;-) just make sure it drains.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Violet,
no problem;-)
Let me know how it all goes.
Have a great evening!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** :)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Vi, let me know how it goes ;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It works!!! Thank you SOOO much!!! :) :) :)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your VERY welcome Violet!!!
Have a wonderful day no more dish soap in the dish washer lol! ;-)
Only dishwasher soap Haha!
Tech Michael