Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a de dietrich CX4844U1 and have replaced the small oven

Customer Question

I have a de dietrich CX4844U1 and have replaced the small oven grill element and cannot remember the order to attach the wires at the back of the oven, any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
Please let me know if yours is gas or electric?
Also which wires did you remove and from where, the controller or the element etc?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is electric and we have replaced the grill element in the small oven and need the sequence for attaching the wires on the back
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you,
I need the colors and where they were removed from.
Do they go to the control panel etc?
The element should only have two wires to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the colours are

one dark brown

two dark brown

three and four on a loop light brown

five greyish

six and seven together light brown

eight dark greyish

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the pics, but it appears that they are already connected in the pics.
Please explain why you can replace the wires the same way in the same locations?
Also were these pics taken before you removed the element?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have attached them but they are in the wrong sequence and all the parts of the cooker are not working so we need to know the correct sequence if you can help please?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the new part different with regards ***** ***** connections?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just need order to attach wires as we have it wrong
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi if you followed the order you took the pics of, it should be correct. Is it possible the problem isnt the element but maybe something else? Like the control board or themostat?
Why did you replace the element?
I know this is frustrating and we will get to the bottom of this but please be patient as this is a technical issue.
Please let me know if you replaced the wires according to the picture you took?
That will help me a great deal.
Please answer all of my questions as clearly as you can so I can help you.
I only know what you tell me;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture was only taken to show you as we took it after re connecting the wires. The cooker is not working so we have connected them in the wrong sequence. The element has been changed no problem it's just connecting the power
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that, next time though... a good idea, take the pics first before disconnecting anything LOL!
Are those the pics of the wires you attached to the elements backside as I suspect? I don't want to cause a short so I need to be sure;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a phone number we can speak to you on or is that not part of the deal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wires are at the back of the oven not to do with connecting the grill element. The element is attached and we are now trying to sort out the power to the element/cooker
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you,
typically you would really need a meter to be sure of this but on most of the ones I worked on you have the wires hooked up incorrectly.
the two connectors in the center should be on the outs connectors, and the two middle ones should go to outside.
Try that, I cant be sure but the two middle connectors one of them is ground.
Please try that and let me know if that works.
Make sure power is OFF at the mains, before doing any wiring changes!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont understand. lets call each spade attached to the element by a number from 1 to 8 reading the numbers from left to right as you look at them from the rear view of the cooker. as u can see one to the brown wires is a loop that affixes with spade connectors on to two of the element connectors. They are on positions 2 and 4 in your photo. I have a double dark grey wire(s) in the spade connector at position 1. a single light grey wire at position 5. A double brown wire at position 7 and a mauve single wire at position 8. can you adopt my numbering system and tell me which wire as described goes to which number fixed connection on the element. hope this makes sense.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will release this question so that others may help, as I don't have the info on that specific model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any luck with our question?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ leave it with me for a few hours as I'm out on the road, the problem is that DeDeitrich have gone bust and technical information is a bit thin on the ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not able to rate yet as still waiting a response
I have managed to track down the old service manager for this company and he is going to send me over the wiring diagram for this model and we can go through it putting the wires back on later ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any further information for me please

thankyou

Just sent him another email to try and chase him up with the wiring diagram.