George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Samsung washing machine does not want to open, it shows

My Samsung washing machine does not want to open, it shows locked signed despite the cycle ended...any ideas what to do? I switched it off several times, drained the laundry etc, but still locked and full of wet clothes...
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the model number please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, yes the model is Samsung Diamond 6,0 kg WF8602NFW. I already tried the on line information on this model and it states that locked sign is on as machine thinks there is water in, so I drained it again and still the same... Pls help!
Many thanks, Aga
Thank you for that information Aga.

Can you check the filter to see if there is anything preventing the pump from fully draining the appliance please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not the filter as my husband took it out and cleaned it this morning, sorry I should have given you this information earlier...
Then one of two problems remain:

The pressure switch is failing to allow the door to unlock (unlikely) or,

You have a failed door interlock and it will need changing. (Most likely)

Here is a link to a replacement door lock

---------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you today, I will then assist you further if possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the failed door interlock show on the display that machine is locked?
If it has failed in the locked position, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So in order to get the laundry out we have to break the lock mechanically? How do I get my laundry out? I was hoping that there is a way of rebooting the machine so it releases that lock...sorry it's so frustrating...

Aga.. There is a way to get to the washing..

No, the rebooting of the appliance will not free the lock, as when they fail in this situation they fuse inside.

To get to the washing you will need to foloow this procedure:

Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover (if applicable)
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again
The door will then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to get at the washing and also replace interlock

Please rate the assistance give

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
:-) thank you George!
You're very welcome Aga

---------------------
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair