George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a Belling XOU69MF which, when using 'fan oven'

We have a Belling XOU69MF which, when using 'fan oven' option, ccuts out after rouhly 30 minutes. When we use the grill, or use as a conventional oven, it's fine. Could you please help.
Best regards
Liam
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

When the fan oven cuts out..

• 1. Does the clock also go out?

• 2. If you leave it a short while (5 mins), does it come back on again without you prompting it?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Yes, that's exactly what happens and clock will reset to 00.00.

Best regards

Liam

Then you have a problem with the clock itself loosing power due to either the power supplied to it being cut, or more likely, because of the failure of a component on the rear of the clock.

You'll need to likely replace the clock

----------------------------------------------------
Please rate the assistance given using the smiley faces or starts that you can see

Also, check the wiring behind the terminal block on the back of the cooker... Look for burns or overheated wires

Please rate the assistance given using the smiley faces or stars that you can see

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Why doesn't it cut out when using it just as a conventional oven?

Best regards

Liam

That is interesting.. let me have a look at the wiring diagram to see if there is a possibility of another cause
Ok Liam, I have looked at the wiring diagram... The Conventional oven is not wired through the clock...

Would you like a copy of the wiring diagram to assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Im sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. Yes, a copy of the diagram woild be a great help, thank you. As soon as I resolve the issue from your assistance I will rate your help.

Liam

Wiring diagram as requested

As I have said.. the Conventional side of the oven bypasses the clock...

Dpending on the connections on the rear of the clock, you could bypass that for the oven too.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Hi Liam, how did you get on replacing the clock?... You should be all up and running by now.

I would appreciate a rating for the assistance given.

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Thank you so much for your help, advice and patience!

Replacement fitted and everything working fine.

Liam

Happy to hear that Liam.

Can you give a rating for the assistance by clicking on the stars or smiley faces you can see please.

regards
George