George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a wtv74105gb/15 vented tumble dryer currently when I

Customer Question

I have a wtv74105gb/15 vented tumble dryer currently when I start a load, the machine functions for about a minute before stopping, beeping and flashing the drying and anti-crease/end lights. Can you please advise how to fix this and what the problem is?the manual tells me nothing
Jess
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jess,
I'm sorry to hear that.
How old is your Dryer?
Also can the machine be re started immediately?
Please explain if you need to do something specific to re start the unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the machine can restart straight away, but then after the same amount of time it does the same thing
Roughly 3/4 yrs old
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jess,
What I need you to try for me is unplug the dryer from the power outlet for 30 full minutes, then you can plug it back in.
Let me know if that stops the issue. If so great then please rate my service to you kindly.
But if it still does the same thing, reply to me for further information.
Lets hope this works;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi,
I have tried that, no joy!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jess, my name is George..

The problem with your tumble dryer is that the NTC on the heater circuit is either defective, or there is a problem with the wiring to it...

Access the heater at the rear of the machine and check the wires going to the NTC. There part number should you need to replace it is #00600157 and it is available from Bosch at the following link

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/SensorNTC/00600157

Please remember to rate the assistance given by me today and kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your response, the wiring seems fine can you just replace the NTC and would you mind letting me know what NTC is?thanks
The NTC is a sensor that controls the on/off action of the heater element..

If you click the link I placed above, you'll be able to buy one direct from Bosch

Here is what it looks like:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
awesome, I've ordered one a little cheaper from an appliance spares chain I've used previously but I really appreciate the help. I'll let you know if it works, and give you amazing ratings if so!thanks in advance
J
The fault you gave is a code to let you know this is what the problem is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi,
Thanks for the advice the other day however I brought the part have had it fitted and the dryer is still doing the same thing?!can you advise further?

Hi Jess, did you test the wire the wires that are connected to it?..

I did say:

• Quote:
    Access the heater at the rear of the machine and check the wires going to the NTC.

either that or the heater could have a problem.. or, unlikely as it may seem, the part you have purchased is also defective

Notwithstanding these scenarios, the actual fault code is indicating a problem with the actual NTC

Hello Jess, I am just following-up on your problem since the query has not been closed down..

How did you get on with checking the wires and NTC as suggested?

Is there any further assistance you need?

regards
George