Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My SMEG DWDG612SS Model11045 dishwasher has developed a fault.

My SMEG DWDG612SS Model11045 dishwasher has developed a fault. Whe I switch on the pump is constantly running and water enters the machine but is pumped back out with in 10 seconds. I am unable to interrupt the progam using the normal buttons and the machine seems to be locked in some form of cycle. Even disconnecting the power and reconnecting has no effect.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you get this fault were the pump is running all the time its usually down to the anti flood switch in the base. Water will have leaked in there and activated the flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water in the base to drain out from there. So you may need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out stand it up right and retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed the flood switch will have reset itself and will allow you to use it as normal.

But if it happens again then there is a water leak in there which you will need to find and fix to cure this.

Try it and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK my friend - sounds quite feasable and will try what you suggest. When you say a leak is possible - how could it be sealed exactly - ie: using what products.

regards

Paul Downes

***@******.***

01873-831107

07521-558648

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries check that and see what you find.

As to the leak it could anything. A loose hose, a faulty pump or wash motor leaking so you would need to remove the side panels and look under there to see where the leak is comming from.