Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Moved house dishwasher worked fine before moving just plumbed

Moved house dishwasher worked fine before moving just plumbed in and started up CHECK WATER SIGN has come on and won't work could this have anything to do with moving it there was some water in the bottom where u put salt
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you set it going did the check water light come on stright away or was it towards the end of the cycle?

Did you hear water going into the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No came on at end of cycle reset it and started it again paddles went round no water went in there is water in the bottom under the bottom rack
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if it wont drain the water out then it will bring the check water light on.

As you say you have moved does the drain hose go under a sink next to the dishwasher?

If so then remove the hose from the spigot it pushes onto and check the end of the spigot on the sink pipe work has been cut off.

If it has then unscrew the spigot there and check there isnt a blanking cap in there. As there may be a blanking cap in there stopping the water from draining out.

If there is remove that and refit the spigot and hose and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this will get the dishwasher working again from there.

Try that and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ok I'll try do I have to pay again if this doesn't work and I need more help
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries just let me know how it goes.

And no you dont need to pay again. Even after rating you can still ask more questions on this without paying again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much all seems to beko there was a stopper I removed it and it drained now washing away great
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Nice one. Thought it would have had the stopper in there still.

If you could rate the answer if you havent already that would be great.