Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer with a Superchill compartment

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer with a Superchill compartment in the centre. This has a dropdown door of which one hinge has broken. I have received a pair of replacement hinges which I cannot replace as I do not know how to remove the front panel.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think this is the number you want. ZFC 102/3T

Peter

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ is the part number of the item supplied *********** ?? If not could you give me the supplied item number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think so. I'm not sure but the hinges exactly match those on the fridge now. The only difference is that the retaining plug is on the opposite side.

I think I will be able to fix the hinges but I need to know how to get at them.

Peter

Can you let me see a photo of what you have and where you are having difficulties Peter and then I can understand where your problem is. Its just a case of changing things over so I am abit confused as to where you problem is ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can take the dropdown door off and would be able to replace both hinges but to do so I need to remove the whole front panel. This is kept in by two lugs on each end and the bottom. I am a bit loathe to lever it off without knowing if there is a trick to this or if it requires a special tool.

Peter

Hi Peter ~ Could you let me have the product code or pnc so that I can get the actual service manual for your appliance I can then see what the technical instructions say regarding the replacement of hinges ~ Ian
Here is the illustration for the door -- click the link and let me know which part we are talking about --
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian

Thanks for the diagrams.They are very helpful and show exactly which parts we are discussing. We are talking about the SuperChill dropdown door parts 328 and 311. I can take the door off by unscrewing the hinges but I can't replace the broken hinge as I don't know how to separate 328 from 311 to be able to remove the broken hinge and replace it. The front panel 328 is kept in place by small lugs which fit into the inner door 311. There is probably a knack to doing this without damaging the front panel which I need to know about.

Peter

.