George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Panasonic NH-P80G2WGB-Condenser-Dryer which is about

I have a Panasonic NH-P80G2WGB-Condenser-Dryer which is about 8 weeks old. It has recently stopped working and showing the u15 fault signal. This fault is supposed to suggest the water container is full or not inserted correctly. I have checked both these things and neither is the case. Please advise what to do. Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George.. I am going to ask you some questions one by one to try ascertain the cause of the error.

Is the drain pump operating?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

I'm not sure how to tell if the drain pump is operating. Can you advise how I would know.

Take out the Condensate Tray
Get a small cup of water or two
Pour the water into the Condensate Tray Holder and wait until the water drains away

Can you then see water coming down from the top of the Condensate Tray Holder on the inside at the back where the hole in the Condensate Tray would normally be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By 'condensate tray' do you mean the plastic container that the water collects in while the dryer is on?

Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay - let me see if I can check what you've asked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no way of water draining out of the condensate tray, it is completely closed. It is emptied manually.
There are two hoses that you can not see.. these are attached to the tray; one on the underneath for overflow, and one on the top for filling.

As you pour your water into the tray holder (Not the tray), then the water will drain out through the one hole and down the hose to the drain pump... The drain pump should then start and pump the water back up to the top of the tray holder where it then drops into the hole in the tray.

Does that give you a better understanding of things...

My assumption, given the fault code you have, is that the appliance has a blocked pump, a failed pump, or a fault with the actuating mechanism or power to the pump.

Notwithstanding all that have said, the appliance is under a warranty, so don't do anything that will invalidate that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm with you now... I've just done what you asked and water is coming back out of the top hole. Presumably that means the pump is okay?
That means that the pump is ok and there is no blockage... Give me a few moments whilst I read up on that system to see what other components are involved

After reading the service manual for this appliance I am left with the following thoughts

• 1. Faulty pump (pump is OK)

• 2. Detected abnormal frequency of the water level detector 2 mins after the pump started (Faulty sensors) (Faulty PCB) (Faulty connections)

• 3. Water container is full (Container is empty)

Turn off the power to reset either of these situations

I am going to say it is number 2 from your description... and in that case, ask them to repair it under warranty or swap-out the appliance

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair