Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do I connect my Electrolux EKC6045X, PNC###-##-####to

How do I connect my Electrolux EKC6045X, PNC###-##-####to the mains supply?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the wiring for this or any experience with electrical wiring?
Also may I have details on your Electrolux unit as the model # ***** not show up on our system.
Is this a central vac system etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The wiring is in place as I have just removed the old appliance (oven), I am reasonably confident of my experience with wiring.

The model number is ***** the PNC is###-##-####

The old oven had 2 sets of connections, one for the ovens/grill through a 13 amp socket and one for the separate hob through a heavy cable which I believe is connected through an oven plate switch to the consumer unit. The replacement Electrolux cooker terminal block has

2 L, 3N and one earth. There are no other markings.

Hope this helps

Bill

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for that info Bill, do you have a meter for testing the wiring to be sure?
It sounds like you should be able to do this with no problems.
Also was the old oven a gas or electric model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a simple meter for checking mains voltage and continuity although I've never tried it on the the heavier cooker cable.

The old oven/hob was electric as is the replacement.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill that should work fine for this.
Basically you have two live 120 V lines and a neutral wire to hook up.
What you are looking for is the two 120 V lines so to do that, check each line one to the neutral then the other once you see, 120 V that is a supply line, then the other. If you hook the meter up to two wires and you don't get a reading around 120 V then you know those two lines are the live lines each supplying 120 or about that and the other is the neutral.
That should help.
And then to wire this, its pretty simple, the neutral location should be indicated by either a green, black or brown terminal on the stove or plug in cable if you are using one of them.
The other two wires are the supply lines with the 120 V. They go to the other two connections.
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost to rate.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day Bill and please use extreme caution while working with live voltages!
Kindly rate my service to you at this time before closing this page I will still be available to you until this is complete;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I think there may be some confusion here, I've just noticed that your replies

are time stamped EST and that you also talk about 120v circuits. From this I believe you are working in the US and I'm in England. Can you confirm please

regards

Bill

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that is a good observation but yes I know where you are lol;-)
and you should have two main lines and a neutral in this case as they system is the same but with different voltages.
Yours may be higher but still that is the way to determine which lines are which. Yours may be double the 120.
But still the method of checking which is neutral and which are the power lines is the same;-)
I'm here if you have any further questions or get stuck.
Thank you Bill.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Michael, I'm still confused here. I have in fact got one lighter gauge cable with a neutral, line and earth, and a second heavier cable also with a neutral, line and earth.

The terminal block on the cooker has positions for 2 line, 3 neutral and 1 earth. I know from the colour coding of the cables which is the L,N & E but I don't know which of the terminals to connect the lighter and heavier cables to.

I'm sorry but I do not understand your answers so far.

Bill

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill, I think you are saying you have two separate supply lines. You will use the heavier one for this because the new oven/range only needs one supply so its best to use that one just because its heavier. The second one is likely just an additional supply.
If you can determine the two power lines and the neutral with your meter simply use only those wires from the same main cable.
Your meter should easily be able to check these lines. But you wont need the secondary supply cable.
I hope that helps.
I'm here to help when you need, don't worry we will get it hooked up I wish I could do it myself for you lol ;-)
Thanks Bill, I know its a bit confusing to you but you can do this!
Please rate kindly and I will continue with you until this is hooked up I have been a technician for over 35 years in the US but also know about UK electrics.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Michael, I'll try to connect up the heavier cable to one of the L,N & E

on the connector block. Will get back to you as soon I've tried it - always supposing I have not burned the house down or worse!

Bill

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill that should be fine, but please check the wires to be sure of which is which. it doesn't matter which supply line you connect on either side. Just as long as the neutral wire is connected to the neutral termination location on the stove.
Let me know how it goes.
Also if you are really unsure you should have someone with more knowledge and experience help you with this.
Please rate kindly, I will still be here no additional cost to rate either;-)
Thank you and best of luck there Bill!
Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.