Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Philips shaver HS8000, when I switch it on the pump

I have a Philips shaver HS8000, when I switch it on the pump for the cream activates and cannot be switched off. please advise,
John Brock
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
how old is your shaver?
Also do you need to disconnect power to reset the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

About 2 years old, Sorry I do not understand the question about resetting the unit, can you explain

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John thank you, ***** ***** asking if the only way to stop the cream from coming out is to unplug the razor?
Thank you for your patience ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

The razor is rechargeable so no plug, however when it is switched off the cream does not escape, ie as soon as it is switched on the cream pours out.

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Thank you for that.
this is a failure on the main control inside the unit.
This would need to be replaced.The company Philips doesn't sell the part;-(
This would need to be sent to them for this to be repaired but I’ve taken a close look at your question. I hate to tell you, but unfortunately I don’t think the equipment involved here is worth the cost of repairs. You might even have suspected this yourself. For a lot less money than you spent on it years ago, you can fully replace it today. And for the same money, you can get higher performance with far more functionality as well. You can look online for a replacement unit, or go in person to a store.
If you still want to fix this piece of equipment and cost is no object, let me know and I will let you know where to send it for the repair.
I hope you find this answer helpful. If you do, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!
Warmest regards John,
Tech Michael