George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint FFM70 fridge/freezer,the high temp light

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint FFM70 fridge/freezer,the high temp light for the freezer has been coming on and off for a while,it now seems to be on nearly all the time,the contents of the freezer are still frozen,maybe not has frozen solid has they should be
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Have you got a thermometer to test the temperature of the fridge and the freezer?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Please temporarily remove all food and furniture from the freezer department.. Look to see if there is any visible indication of ice..

Also check to see if the fan is operational.. You will need to listen immediately that the door is opened to hear if the fan is rotating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fan is working,about 6Inches of ice on the back wall of freezer,in the middle

all the way across

Thank you for checking this for me John...

The freezer needs defrosting and this is the reason for the alarm. Once defrosted, please keep an eye on the freezer to ensure this does not happen again..

If it does, come back to me for information on the parts that will need changing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Please rate the assistance given to you today and I will then assist further if possible should you require it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK,will defrost freezer has soon has possible and let you know the result.

Please rate the assistance given to you today; Once you have rated, I will then assist further if possible should you require it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will give a bonus if it works,may take a few days to get the freezer empty.

Ok John, I will await your return.