Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The Bump Button on my McCulloch Strimmer Mac80-SX has broken.

Customer Question

The Bump Button on my McCulloch Strimmer Mac80-SX has broken. Can I buy a replacement or must I replace the spool assembly? If so can you advise on the relevant part and where I might source it ?
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Peter
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~ attached is a link which will get you to the manual, it seems that it is available as a complete assembly or in component parts. ~~ http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McCulloch-Parts-Service-Repair-Manuals/McCulloch_Gas_Trimmers/ ~~ would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this lets me close down the question whilst allowing you to ask further question on a foc basis. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your reply. I have reviewed the parts manuals and can see the parts in question - though I had obtained this information directly from the McCulloch manuals prior to raising my query with you. From what I can establish, and your answer has not provided me with any progress, is that the McCulloch parts, as shown in their manuals, cannot be purchased, and delivered to Ireland - nor can the substitute parts. I am disappointed that I am no further to acquiring a useful solution.

Peter

I have spoken to K&T this afternoon, they would be happy to supply you with the parts your require but sadly these head units are no longer available, it would seem that McCulloch went out of business and the trade name was bought by another company with most of the new products being made in Poland. Kevin the owner of K&T stated that unless you can get a copy part from an aftermarket supplier you wont be able to source the part you need. - Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian - it would have been better to have received that information first time - better late than never ! It appears I should dispose of the unit - regrettably.Regards
Peter