KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Zanussi washing machine - model ZWG1100M The drum occasinally

Zanussi washing machine - model ZWG1100M
The drum occasinally goes tight and it is almast impossible to turn it by hand, after getting it to turn it runs freely for a while, but then goes tight again. Could this possibly be due to some item(s) of washing getting between the inner drum & the outer casing?
Thanks,
David H
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi David, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me how old is it and when it goes tight do you also hear any different kind of sounds ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin, I think the machine is about 3 years old. There are no other noises & the motor turns easily when the drum does rotate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it is only 3 years old - No other noises are apparent when the drum tightens up

OK and how frequently is it used ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My customer is a bachelor so, like me he probably only uses it once a week.

OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Kevin,

Please confirm what you mean by the button to the left, the selector knob is to the left of the start button.

I'll pop round to the customers house tomorrow evening and do what you suggest - willl get back to you after.

OK sure ... let me know how it goes