George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Miele W3204 won't spin. The 'check drain' light is flashing.

My Miele W3204 won't spin. The 'check drain' light is flashing. Where and how do I check the drain/
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you this afternoon. Please wait a moment whilst I write you some instructions

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Ok Joanna, here is the procedure for draining the machine.. I have tried to make it as detailed as possible. Ask me questions about anything you are not sure about.

-------------------------------------------
Lower the access flap on the lower left corner of the appliance.
Place a suitable container underneath the access flap.

Partially open the drain filter behind the access flap by screwing anti-clockwise until water starts to run out, then stop. To interrupt the flow of water, just tighten the drain filter back up again.

Once the flow of water ceases remove the drain filter completely. Clean it thoroughly and remove any foreign objects (e.g. buttons, coins, etc.) and fluff from the filter housing.

Turn the impeller by hand to check that it rotates freely. Any foreign object causing an obstruction of the impeller should be removed.

Put the drain filter back in place and secure.

Please remember to rate the assistance given to you today as best as you can

Hello Joanna,

I have just been informed that you are unhappy with the answer given... Can you give me a reason for this..

I will assist you further if you need