George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

WMD 740 Washing MachineThe display shows "Door Open". I have

WMD 740 Washing Machine
The display shows "Door Open". I have replaced the interlock switch as the micro-switch did not appear to be making contact. The fault has remained.
regards
Eddie
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Eddie, my name is George..

What caused you to change the interlock in the first place?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The door was definitely closed. T switch did not click when auctioning the slide lock.

Did you try this by just closing the door, or did you also try this manually with a protected screwdriver?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the switch out.

Have you checked the Control Module for damage?

The Control Module for this appliance is at the rear, just inside the access panel, on the left...

What you are looking for is any burnt tracks or blown triacs that control the door switch...

Let me know what you find.. There a repair company available to repair these boards when they go defective, if that is the case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are right. It looks like a capacitor has blown. I live near Bridgend, South Wales. Do you have a contact nearby?

Can you let me know your postcode
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

CF35 6NX

To repair the board you can send the board to the following people.. Their telephone number is ***** for you to contact them first.. Ask for Tony or Andy and tell them I have referred you:

EMW Electronics
The Barn
Millfield
Forest Road
Oxton
NG25 0TD
Phone: #0115-9652-118
--------------------------------------

If you feel that you need an appliance repairer to take-out/refit the board then the ones below are close to you.

Appliance Care
Bridgend
Phone: #01656 647000
------------------------
SW Appliance Service Ltd
Pontyclun
Phone: #01443 237775
------------------------

Please give the best rating for the assistance given to you today that you see fit to do so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George,
The module has been repaired and with the new switch, it is still showing "door open". The door interlock is preventing the door being opened. When the pause button is pressed, the are 3 clicks at the interlock and no progress with the program.
Eddie
Hi Eddie... Is there water in the drum when this is happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I first put power on it filled with water and then the fault with the door re-appeared.
Then if you have changed the faulty door switch, and the damaged board has been repaired.. their may be an issue with the pressure switch...

The pressure switch will prevent the door opening if there is water in the drum... A fault in the pressure switch can also record to the layman as a faulty door switch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The display shows "door open" even though you can't open it. The fault causes the program to pause and when the pause button is pressed, it seems to want to release the door?
Try drain the water from the drum into a bowl by lowering the drain hose into it... Let me know if the door then opens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The display shows door open but the interlock still prevents the door catch being released.
Then by all accounts I would say that you have a faulty door lock
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is brand new!
There are only two circumstances where the door would stay locked whilst stating that it is open in the display and they are:

1. Faulty door lock (Even new ones get supplied faulty)
2. Faulty PCB module (Contact Tony at EMW and describe the fault)