Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Piermont opti-mist flame isn't worki

Piermont opti-mist electric stove flame effect isn't working

When I switch the stove on it makes a sort of whirring sound as if it's trying to work - the flame that is.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your stove?
Also may I have the full model #?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The stove is around 18 months old and the model number is *****

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda,
Thanks for that information.
Is it only the flame effect that is not working or is there no heat as well?
Also please explain if only part of the flame effect isn't working and what it seems like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is only the flame effect that's not working. None of the flame effect works. The heating works and the lights work.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Linda,
this is going to require a parts change to fix.
Did the flame effect fail at one time or did it have trouble intermittently for a while?
And how old is your heater?
Thank you for your patience;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hadn't used it for a few months then when I switched it on the other day the flame effect wouldn't work. I've had the stove for around 18 months.

What part needs to be changed?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Linda,
Since the unit is so new, the best place to call for this is this website: http://www.dimplex.co.uk/customer_support/spare_parts.htm
This is a common issue with a lot of their new products and it is usually the main control board. There is a relay on that board that sends power to the flame effect parts. Unfortunately they don't sell just the relay;-(
But you can get the control board from them and replace that. Its easy to do and I will help you get that done luckily no soldering is required;-)
They usually only provide a 1 year warranty but But since this is so new this may be covered so I would call Dimplex on that first before you order the board.
please call: 0844(###) ###-#### ***** can also order the part if they wont cover this part.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Linda and have a great weekend;-)
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael