Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

The gas ignition button has stopped working....is there a battery

The gas ignition button has stopped working....is there a battery anywhere? It's a flavel cascade 50 manual gas cooker
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Hi , yes there is a battery, at the bottombelow the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can't see anything? The pull down draw below is it in there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me where to look? I've looked everywhere can you give me more details?

Hi , if it doesn't have a plug to plug into the electricity, then it will have a battery . have taken off the kick plate at the bottom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for reading your answer late. Mum's 83 it's her cooker ... Driving me mad.

It does have a plug.... Which usually controls the ignition... I have undone the plug and replaced the fuse. My brother has also done this before me. Is it a 13 amp or 5 amp? WHat could it be? Help please

Hi , there won't be a battery then . either the sparking electrodes have broken down over time for the parking control box on the back of the oven has developed a fault and would need replacing .if the cooker is very old ITV may be hard to get these parts. If you do need these parts and are going to do the job yourself then you would need the whole serial number of the cooker.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. One last thing.....is it a 5amp or 13amp and if it is the Control box thing....is that difficult to replace? I'm wondering if I should just buy a new cooker?

Hi , there is no fuse.I will look something like this . it willbe a 13 amp fuse in the cookers plug.

https://www.homespare.com/content/thumbnails/6604765a.jpg