Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Samsung SR-608EV Fridge Door alarm keeps going off at one minute

Customer Question

Samsung SR-608EV Fridge Door alarm keeps going off at one minute intervals. Freezer compartment seems to be working. Fridge part interior light is off.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your fridge?
Also does your fridge light turn off and on as you work the door?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

My Samsung Fridge Freezer was purchased April 2002.

Switching on after a few minutes delay the interior light works when the door is opened and closed. However, when the door alarm goes off then the interior light remains off.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul the first thing I would suspect as a possible fault is the door switch.
If that doesn't solve the problem the main control board located in the back behind the fridge is failing.
The best place to get either of these components is Eprares.
I have listed there website and phone # ***** your convenience.
Its best to call them as they don't list all parts on site but they are very reliable and ship same day if you call them early enough;-)Also prices are good as well.
I would just order the switch for now as its easy and cheap to replace.
I will help you if you need.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Paul and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Phone Espares: 0844 9777 888
Please visit or call Espares its a long link lol.
http://www.espares.co.uk/browse/at1084ma596/fridges-and-freezers/samsung?mkwid=mZeBkbyx&pcrid=7736134517&kword=samsung%20fridge%20parts%20uk&match=e&pdv=c&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Samsung&utm_term=samsung%20fridge%20parts%20uk&utm_content=mZeBkbyx|pcrid|7736134517|pkw|samsung%20fridge%20parts%20uk|pmt|e
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your advice. I bought a new switch today from Connect Distribution Birmingham. Cost £7.52 plus Vat. Lot cheaper than new Fridge /Freezer.

Just fitted it and now up and running again.

Thanks again,

Paul

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Paul your very welcome;-)
Always happy to help!
If theres anything else I can do for you please let me know.
Have a great day Paul;-)