KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have just moved into a new home but do not have the

Hello, We have just moved into a new home but do not have the instructions to show that the oven is working. The hobs seem to work as a red light comes on the top of the cooker but there is no indication anywhere that the oven is heating up to whatever it should be, the light is not working inside so do we need to replace anything or are we not doing something right. Please help if you can. Thank you so much Sharon.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sharon, welcome to Just answer ... please tell me its model number and how old is it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

E

C6100W/1 sorry don't know how old it is

Thanks for that ... so when you turn it on is the clock set or is it flashing 12:00 or 00:00 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no actual clock just a main temp knob a function knob and a timer know that rings when done, but how do you know when the oven has reached the right temp for cooking please

OK and you have set the oven to "timer" not manual ... ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i have not touched anything yet as i do not want to do anything wrong

OK, this model seems a bit old and so I don't have its user manual in my database ... however, to use it set the temp with temp knob... use the function knob to select function and then set it on timer not manual... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for trying for me, seems like a new cooker is on the cards, but if you dont try the worst i can do is burn the dinner!!!!!. Thanks again for your time. Sharon

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)