Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a vaillant turbomax heater & last few days

hi i have a vaillant turbomax heater & for the last few days i've not been able to turn the heating off. if i select off on the timer unit it will keep putting the heating on + if i lower the thermostat unit to it's lowest setting it still put the heating on. any help with this or advise i would be most most greatfull . Darren
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a cylinder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its suplied by mains gas

No I mean is it a standard boiler or a combi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry its a combi

Does the heating run all the time or just when the hot water is running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it runs all the time i can hear the boiler kick in & out to heat the water for the radiator like it would if you have the heating. the lights on the boiler unit indicate no faults yellow light is on when the burner kicks in as it should & the green light is on all the time but flashes as it should if the heater kicks in or i turn the tap on

It could be a tuck relay on the PCB, or it could be a stuck flow switch.
What happens if you turn off the power at the fused spur for 5 minutes and then back on again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry dont know if you got my last reply i've turned the boiler off at the unit & not the power to the fuse. its back on now & its not kicking in & out like it was. it sounds like i need it looking at but do you think it will be ok to switch it off at this switch it starts to play up again so saves me a big gas bill till i get it looked at. also can you tell me if this session is just a one off £20 or have i subscribed to something without me knowing. many thanks

Great news.
I am sorry but I do not know what you have subscibed to without talking to customer services