George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Basmatic washer dryer BWDI1206 door only sometimes unlocks

My Basmatic washer dryer BWDI1206 door only sometimes unlocks after a cycle, resulting in me having to put it on multiple cycles until it finally decides to unlock. The light flashes above the clock sign on the left hand side above the t-shirt sign on the cycles where it does not unlock. I have waited over 5 minuntes to see if it is just a time delay which it isn't. How can I make it unlock reliably?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you follow the procedure in the document that is linked below and then let me know the results

BWDI1206 Diagnostics

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately the images on the instructions you sent do not work on my machine - BWDI 1206. My machine does not have separate temperature and spin regulation nobs as in the instructions sent through to me. I have tried to follow all the other steps missing out the steps that don't relate to my machine, but this does not work.

Can you give me the code from next to the model number inside the door please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mod. BWDI 1206

N. 31800118 1224 0461

G. L. 1 Type LCM8

The flashing light; Can you tell me how many times it flashes before breaking? Make sure you get the count correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately it isn't currently flashing.

I will leave this query open until your next wash.. Once you can tell me the amount of flashes I can discuss the problem with you

regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok - will do!

Just let me know when you are ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It flashes 7 times

Error 7 is showing Defective Door Interlock or the wiring to it.

You will need to replace thee lock as a matter of urgency...

1. If the lock breaks completely it will jam the door shut and you'll have to break the lock to open it
  1. When the lock gives up completely, it could shock the Main PCB and cause it to become defective

Please remember to rate the assistance given

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that something I can change myself?
Yes, your door lock is listed as 90489300

Here is a link to a site from which you can purchase the lock
90489300 - Baumatic / Hoover / Candy Door Lock

DISCOUNT
If you are buying from the above link a discount might be available.. When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the door lock you need to open the door and remove the retaining ring from the door seal.. fold the seal into the drum..

If you door lock is screwed, unscrew it from the front whilst placing one hand on the door lock from behind.

Carefully pull the door lock out towards you and detach the release cable and the wiring plug.

Refit the new door lock in reverse of these instructions
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me some tips on opening the retaining seal from the door seal - I've found the release mechanism at the bottom but not sure how to get it to open...
Open the clips to the retainer, or stretch the spring, depending which it has.. Remove the retainer.

The seal is then folded around the edge of the opening, just unfold it... It may be a little stuck if it has been on there for some years.