Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Siemens Double Oven model number HB15M550B. I switched

I have a Siemens Double Oven model number HB15M550B. I switched the oven on at the wall, and turned the knob for the main fan oven and there was a flash and a bang. I replaced the bulb and turned the fuse back on. The oven comes back on and heats up but the fan is not working and the mini oven/grill is also not working (however the light in the mini oven is) There is an error message on the mini oven/grill display that says Er1. I should also say that there is no longer a bulb in the main oven
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries be with you in a moment just checking the error code 1 ~~ Er1 indicates that you have a temperature sensor failure, unless you wish to do the job yourself you will need an engineer to replace the part. If however you want to try and do this yourself come back to me and I will help you identify the item.