KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

AEG Washing Machine showing Err on display - wont start! Think

Customer Question

AEG Washing Machine showing Err on display - wont start! Think the electrics have become confused - when turned to 30 wash - normally a 1.45 programme it is now showing as 2.20 programme, but when pressing start showing Err. Any advice would be appreciated.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... please tell me its complete model number and age of this washer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Model Lavamat L76650, approx. 8 years old

OK, thanks for that ... is it showing Err or any error code followed with E ... also have you tried to leave it unplugged for few minutes ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No just Err & yes unplugging didn't do anything

OK, have you tried to reset the appliance...to do this press and hold the pre-wash and soaking buttons together and while holding them turn the knob clockwise from OFF to Short spin ... after this is done all the leds will light up, now turn the knob anti clockwise to energy saving ... now wait for few minutes and unplug the washer plug it back after few minutes...it should reset the control. If the problem is still there then unfortunately the control board will need replacement. Please let me know how it goes. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .... Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks