George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

There. Our brand new fully integrated Belling Dishwasher

Hi there. Our brand new fully integrated Belling Dishwasher got flooded on the first trial run, because one of the (amateur) installer had forgotten to open the inlet for the drain pipe under the sink. We have taken all the water from the inside of the dishwasher and connected the drain pipe to the now open waste under the sink. When we switch on the dishwasher now, select programme, press start and close the door a pump type humming noise can be heard but no water is taken in. How can we fix this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Basically, you will need to remove the dishwaasher from its housing and tilt it backwards at a 60 deg angle until the water drains from the base of the appliance...

Once this is done, the appliance should run normally...

If it does not, come back to me with a model number to get more assistance

Please remember to rate the assistance given today & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** this. Won't know if it works until Wednesday though and will rate the answer then. Thanks again.

Ok Barbara, I look forward to hearing your happy results